Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's the most effective way to get ride of dust and dirt stains from white socks?

Sometimes, I walk along floors that haven't been well-swept or mopped and I end up having dirt stains on my athletic socks. I throw these in the wash, but usually, after all is said and done, the stains remain to some degree. I want my white socks, after I complete my laundry cleaning, to come back white. Is there a specific detergent you recommend or any other additional liquid I should apply before throwing it in the machine?What's the most effective way to get ride of dust and dirt stains from white socks?
Ok, listen up. I am the mother of 3 teenage boys, so I think that makes me a bit of an expert on getting sweat socks clean. I have found that using Ariel soap, or Tide, in hot water, with Clorox bleach gets them clean. I also use Comfort fabric softener, though I doubt that has anything to do with keeping our socks white.





And if your white socks are REALLY grody, I'd suggest giving them a twirl in a pre-wash before washing them as suggested above.What's the most effective way to get ride of dust and dirt stains from white socks?
Add a cup of bleach to your whites. Only whites! Do not put colors in as you will get discolored clothing. Make sure you wash whites with whites and add your bleach! It should help a lot! Oh, use hot water for whites!
jesus dont soak them in bleach they will fall apart
OXY SIZE IT. it .works all the time, .. I to walk the basement floors in my white sox, I go out side for the mail in my white sox.


GO FOR IT, YOU'LL NEVER BE ANY HAPPIER.
You should be able to restore your clothes to white (and not damage the fibres of the fabric) by soaking them them in lukewarm water and color safe or oxygen bleach for 24 hours, then rinse them with vinegar and water. Use one tablespoon of vinegar to one quart of water. After treating them overnight, wash them in hot water with chlorine bleach added. This should refresh them to their original white state. If possible, dry them in the sun...
My favorite laundry detergerent is called Foca. ';It mexican brand'; and cost less for 4IB bag its about 2.50 in Cali they sell it at lot of major super markets and some 99 cents stores...





Fill the washer with Hot Water





Let your whites in Hot Water with Detergerent





';In morning it has little bit of the blue effect but will not stain it trust me as I the whole cycle was done it my whites where clean





--------------------------------------…


You can also add oxi-clean to the detergerent for extra boost. A lot of users have said good things from what i have read daily for about 2 weeks straight daily.
Yep, this is a difficult one. I've had six kids who had to wear white socks to school and it was the bane of my life. Try bleaching them in a solution of household bleach in very hot water before they go into the washing machine.


You can also visit this website for amazing cleaning products:


http://www1.freewebs.com/browseforamazin…


I think you will find what you need there (and more!)
Bleach them.





All of my old socks are still brilliant white because I use bleach and hot water on them every load. It also helps sanitize them.








BTW: To the lady below me, bleach only causes yellow spots on polyester, not cotton!
I got this from recipezaar and it really works!


water (1 medium or large pot, size of pot and amount of water depends on how many stained socks you want to)


1 lemon


Boil water with the (sliced or quartered) lemon.


Add socks.


Boil for a couple of minutes, then wash as usual
Always add Clorox bleach with your detergent and wash in hot water.
...Bleach. (not straight bleach... a bleach solution) and ';Sun'; dry them...
New socks.
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    itchy skin