Friday, December 11, 2009

How do you get ride of lingering food smell, after cooking?

Anytime I cook anything that has onion or garlic the smell lingers in my home, how do you get rid of the smell? I don't want to use candles because fragarance and food don't mix.How do you get ride of lingering food smell, after cooking?
2 Options ---set a pie pan of vinegar in the room over night. it should do the trick. If not, try a pan with ammonia in it. One of the two should work.How do you get ride of lingering food smell, after cooking?
thats exactly what i needed also. thanks Report Abuse

I had the same problem at my house. Only the smell would somehow get trapped in my bedroom, because it was right next to my kitchen. I could never cook with my bedroom door open.





Opening your windows and turning a fan on will help a lot.


Also, I've noticed that febreeze air effects works great because it doesnt mix with the food smells, it somehow gets rid of it. You can buy one will a really light and origanal scent if you dont want a strong flower smell.
Try opening up your windows to air it out. The smell will eventually go away.
Open your windows. Also, use scented candles and those plug in air fresheners.
Put a sliding door or makeshift ';curtain'; (use a old full length cloth) to your kitchen ';doorway';. It works quite well.


Oh, and put you drying laundry outside the kitchen so that the smell doesn't stick to all your laundry
Have you tried opening the window/door to let some fresh air in? You should do it when you are cooking, as well as afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
itchy skin