Friday, December 11, 2009

How do I get ride of my fear of Spiders I have had since childhood?

I have just been sitting on the sofa and a huge spider ran into the middle of the room. I felt sick, panicked tried too get it but I ran offbehind the furniture. I have had to leave the room and shut the door to scared to go back in.





I am so angry with myself for this pathetic trait I have had since I was young. I am now 31 year old man!!!





I live in the UK so they are not dangerous at all.





How can I over come this irrational fear.How do I get ride of my fear of Spiders I have had since childhood?
Hypnotherapy has proven to be very successful with those kind of fears :)How do I get ride of my fear of Spiders I have had since childhood?
first i want to tell u i am 12. and i live in louisianna so spiders are a BIG problem. i have been afraid of them since my mom got bit by a brown recleuse.it creeped me out.i got over my fear by learning about them and i found that they arnt that lethat. not even black widows Report Abuse

i have the exact same phobia, its funny because i dont fear cockroaches or earwigs or even arachnids, but daddy-long legs make me go all jiggery-pokery.





i just imagine that i am on live TV and being scared will embarrass me .my mind just simply ignores it and the spider becomes far from a phobia.





hope this all helps mate, gud luck btw.
get a large clear glass, once you know it's trapped under there then you have the power to do what you want with it, I would throw it out the door or window though as killing it is unlucky, remember they can't harm you and are more scared of you than you are of them believe it or not!
i have this same problem and seems like it wont go away any time soon but no effence but to not look like a pansy just act normal round thm and take deap breths get used to the usual spiders round the house and remember they are smaller than you and are probly more scared of you than you are to them
Face it head on, force yourself to handle spiders, go to a pet shop and ask to handle the tarantulas, put yourself in situations involving spiders that you would never have to face normally so you are prepared for anything.
I hope there is a cure because i have the same problem, everytime i see a spider (of any kind) i have to leave the area. I honestly dont know how to stop the fear... sorry !!
I would suggest looking up information on spiders, most people have a fear of something because they are uneducated about the thing they are fearing
It is not an irrational fear. Some spiders can inflict a fatal bite.


In the UK, I hear that there are no snakes or spiders that a lethal so just jump on the bastards.
Become Spider-Man!


Just like how Bruce Wayne became Batman.


He feared Bats.
SMASH SMASH SMASH squish it till all its juices come out and then say something confident
Ironically, the same way I, at 65, am learning to drive a car for the first time in my life. You get behind the wheel, fasten your safety belt and turn the key.





It is called ';flooding.'; You expose yourself gently to spiders. The next time you see one which needs rescuing, find a way to corral it, scoop it up on a sheet of paper, or maybe trap it under an inverted clear glass tumbler (where it will not harm you) and gently walk to the door, open it, and set the poor little creature free.





Spiders are usually female, and they are always trying their best to get away from us. If you think you are scared, think for a moment about the spider. Can you imagine how large you appear to that little creature? It is like an aerial view of Manchester! Descending upon her. So please, tread ever so gently so you will not scare her. Rescue her instead, and set her free (they love being outdoors; they are not at all at home sharing the indoors with us).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
itchy skin