Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do you get ride of fire ants?

In central Florida - nothing I've tried has worked, they return bigger and stronger than before!How do you get ride of fire ants?
lawn tonic. read the article, follow the directions, it really does work.





One can of pop, not diet pop, regular pop; one can of beer, but no light beer; a 1/2 cup of liquid dishwashing soap; a 1/2 cup of mouthwash; and 1/2 cup of household ammonia -- all mixed in to a 10-gallon hose-end sprayer. You'll want to apply it every three weeks. You should mow your lawn late in the evening and then apply the lawn tonic immediately after that.





I live in Florida as well, and we do not get them so long as I use this twice a year.How do you get ride of fire ants?
My Dad always used fire or boiling hot water straight into the mound.
Andro. Any hardware.
Strap a bridle and saddle on 'em, hop aboard and ride-em, Cowgirl!
fire
Fight fire with fire
With a fire extinguisher, duh.
I dont know how anyone could ride a fire ant.
Ground Coffee just spread outside of home . tent or whever you are trust me it works
I live in south Florida and usually the stuff from home depot works....I don't know what other thing you could do. Maybe try calling pest control?
I don't know what they are exactly (a kind of ants yes but which), so here's a link that will answer instead of me. Hope I helped!





http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Fire-A鈥?/a>
Sounds crazy - but - sprinkle grits on the mound.





Ants will eat the grits and moisture from their bodies will expand the grits and explode the ant. Huge stomachache !!





I did not believe it either - but we had a persistant colony just outside our back porch door (in Florida). Took a couple of months of weekly 'sprinkling'. They have disappeared !!
boiling hot...and it has to be boiling.....hot soapy water. I use dish soap. It works, but you have to have enough water to flush out the queen. The size of the mound will determine how much water you need. Again...boil it!!
Extinguish them.
use water to put them out or get to level 2 power
Boiling water straight on to the nest, or fire as suggested above. Hateful critters!!!!!!! Good luck.
I believe the name of the stuff is ';AMDRO';. Buy it about anywhere (Lowes, Home Depot, etc). Follow the directions and it will work. It works for fire ants here in AZ.





The only other way would be to keep disturbing them enough to move their colony. Boiling water and bleach down the ant hole, soap solutions, stuff like that to get them to the point to move out. TO insects. SOAP is deadly - it suffocates their breathing holes.





Good Luck,





--QuantumRift
call a exterminator

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
itchy skin